In inflammatory processes in the stomach and pancreas
Very often on the background of stress and (or) when eating substandard food an inflammatory reaction is appears in the gastrointestinal tract area – stomach and pancreas. It's often accompanied by pain, belch, bloating, fullness feeling after a meal, and in certain situations - nausea and vomiting of food and bile.
How to be in this situation?
- First of all, if you have severe pain in the abdomen, needs to exclude an acute surgical pathology: it is necessary to consult with surgeon in a clinic, but better to call an "ambulance" to be examined by surgeon on duty in the hospital.
- If an acute surgical pathology of the gastrointestinal tract is excluded by the surgeon, do not to self-medicate and do not accept a medicine against pain that the pharmacy will propose to you immediately - namely, preparations which are classified as proton pump inhibitors. Most often, the pharmacy offering "Omez" (omeprazole), which quickly relieves the pain, but after 5-6 days can lead to a new relapse of pain and poor health.
- In order to properly stop the pain, which is often associated with increased intraductal pressure in the pancreas, it is necessary to take drugs that help to reduce intraductal pressure.
This is best done using the following scheme:
- preparation "Duspatalin" – selective antispasmodic that relieves spasm of the sphincter of Oddi - the valve, which restrains the flow of bile and pancreatic juice. By 2 capsules twice a day: for 20 minutes before breakfast and before supper;
- preparation "Panzinorm" of 20 000 - a drug containing pancreatic enzymes. Its use reduces the production of pancreatic juice gland itself, which reduces intraductal pressure in the gland and thus reduces pain. 1 tablet 3 times daily with meals;
- preparation "Tincture Motherwort" – herbal drug that has a calming sedative effect and well blocks the action of "Night nerve» (n vagus), that causing spasm of the sphincter of Oddi: 1 teaspoon at night;
- сold on epigastric region - Cryotherapy (cold therapy), which allows you to quickly reduce the inflammation in the pancreas and reduce the formation of juice in the pancreas, which decreases pain: hot water bottle with cold water or ice: a bottle of frozen water; a frozen piece of meat, wrapped in a thin towel put on the epigastric region on 1-1.5 hours 2-3 times a day.
- Having taken this scheme, which is a scheme of "first aid" for pain, you should immediately turn to highly qualified specialists able to conduct a more detailed examination of the stomach and pancreas, because inflammation of the pancreas - often a secondary process wich associated with impaired digestion in the stomach. To do this, you must carry out the following studies:
- stepwise pH monitoring by the method of prof. Chernobrov VN to determine the level of gastric acid;
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) to determine condition of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum;
- carrying out tests for H. pylori infection;
- a histological study of the gastric mucosa;
- holding ultrasound of the abdominal cavity – liver, pancreas and gall bladder with a food load to determine the function of the gallbladder.
After receiving the results of these studies, an experienced gastroenterologist can choose an individual scheme for the treatment of a patient.